Thursday, September 23, 2010

YouTube Sensation Charice Pempengco as Sunshine Corazon on Glee Season Premiere


Glee is a musical comedy drama TV series and its second season premiere was aired 21st September 2010. I was anxiously waiting for this after watching all of the episodes of season 1 and I loved every single one of those episodes. Many of the stars of the last season were back to bring an awesome season premiere. What I love most about the show is the songs that they perform. They take the most influential song of all eras into the storyline and make every episode a fun filled one to watch.

Charice Pempengco acts as an exchange student from the Philippines on Glee Season 2 premiere. Before this episode went on air, I’ve never heard of this name or that she is has become a sensation on YouTube. From the first moment that she started singing the song “Telephone” (originally sung by Lady Gaga) I was blown away by her voice. For a person of such a small build she has one powerful vocal chord. And then later on the show, when she sang “Listen” from Dream Girls, which is also not an easy song to sing, I was yet again mesmerized by her voice. I could see she was making such tough songs look easy to sing.



After watching the show I really wanted to know who this is, and when did some searching on the internet I was thrilled to see that she is an upcoming artist who got her big break on the Oprah and on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show “. Watching the two songs that she performed on Ellen DeGeneres Show I was yet again captivated by her singing skills and her performing skills. The two songs “And I am Telling You” from Dream Girls and “I Will Always Love You” By Whitney Houston are two awesome songs and she sang both of those songs magnificently. She has been called on the show after Ellen saw one of her performances on YouTube.

I would love to see her more on Glee and also listen to her upcoming albums.

No comments: